For most people, playing modern video games is enough. For some others, not so much. Retro gamers and DIYers love to take gaming a step further by building and customizing their own consoles that allow them to play old school games. If you’re one of those people, then the Raspberry Pi Retro Arcade Gaming Kit is just what you need.
The Raspberry Pi Gaming Kit allows you to to emulate all your old video games. It comes with a custom SD memory card that is preloaded with both NOOBS and RetroPie. It is based on the Raspberry Pi 3.
Features of the Raspberry Pi Retro Arcade Gaming Kit
- The Raspberry Pi mini computer has been built into the perfect all-in-one retro gaming console in the form of this kit. It comes with everything you need to set up your custom game console in just a few minutes.
- It has a great retro gaming look and feel. It includes 2 classic USB game pads and the gaming case allows easy access to all ports.
- The gaming case features a 40 pin extended GPIO, four USB ports, a CSI camera port for connecting the camera, and a DSI display port for connecting your TV or monitor.
- The gaming kit includes the Raspberry Pi 3 model powered by a 64 bit ARMv8 quad processor. This model is WiFi and Bluetooth compatible.
- This kit comes with a 32gb micro SD card that has been preloaded with NOOBS and RETROPIE. It also includes a five feet long HDMI cable and a heat sink.
- In addition to all the product parts in this kit, there is also a leaflet that contains clear setup instructions. Even if you haven’t done this before, by simply following the guidelines, you can easily figure it out.
In order to completely set up the Raspberry Pi Retro Arcade Gaming Kit, you’ll need a screen and a HDMI cable for connection. You’ll also need a 5V power supply, the Raspberry Pi 3, a micro SD card for storage, game pads for playing, and a mouse for the initial setup. Everything except the mouse and the screen have been provided in this kit.
Note: The console is not preloaded with the games. In order to play games on this kit, you would need to download and install the ROM on your device.