Gather round millennials, here’s a blast from the past you didn’t know you needed. The Legend of Zelda Ocarina is a life size replica of the similar musical instrument, “The Ocarina of Time”, made popular by the Legend of Zelda video game series.
Japanese game developers, Takashi Tezuka and Shigeru Miyamoto, developed and released the first edition of the game in the late 1980s. Since then, the Legend of Zelda has come to be recognized as one of the greatest video games of all times.
This high quality replica of the Ocarina from the game series is made from fine ceramic, and best of all, it works! This item is not one of those collectibles that will just sit pretty and gather dust on your bookshelf. It actually comes in handy when you need to bust a tune or two.
- The Ocarina is made from high grade, light weight ceramic.
- It features the finest and most exquisite craftsmanship. This instrument does not miss any of the details from the video games. This particular product is glazed with a metallic cobalt finish.
- Not only is it visually accurate, it is sonically accurate as well. In fact, it has been tuned by professional musicians.
- Although featuring twelve holes, it is tuned using the 6 hole English pendant tuning system. This means that the fingering system of the twelve hole Ocarina works just like that of the more common six hole Ocarina.
- The pitch of the Legend of Zelda Ocarina ranges from A4 to F6. This would typically fall into the class of a tenor instrument.
- In addition to the beautiful Ocarina, this product comes with a songbook containing all the songs from Volume One of the video games. Think Zelda’s Lullaby, Requiem of Spirit, Bolero of Fire, Saria’s Song, Ocarina of Time, and so many others. Whatever song from that volume you feel like playing, the song book has got you covered!
- The package also comes with a neck strap, a display stand, and a protective bag for your Ocarina.
- In addition to being a fun musical instrument, the Ocarina is also a great gift idea. With its ease of learning, anyone can learn how to play the Ocarina in no time.
Unlike the plastic variants, this ceramic Ocarina is brittle and can break if not handled properly. To prevent accidents, it is important that you handle it carefully and keep it out of the reach of children and pets.