The Insert Coin Arcade Keychain is a replica of the coin doors found on popular arcade machines that were often seen in restaurants, bars, and amusement cafes. This keychain is an accurate 1:1 replica, so it looks just like something that came right out of an old movie or picture book.
Even though arcade machines were most popular in the eighties and nineties, the Insert Coin Arcade Keychain will make a great gift for people of all generations.
For older people, it brings back the nostalgia of dropping quarter after quarter into the arcade machine and having loads of fun while playing their favorite game.
For the younger generation, this is an artifact – a cool way to experience the 80s. You might even come off as older and wiser than you really are by just being seen with this.
- The key chain is made from authentic diecast metal and plastic. Like the arcade machines of old, its construction is rugged. You will have to be more than careless to damage this item.
- Even though it is made from heavy duty metal, it is still pretty lightweight. It weighs only 8 ounces.
- It features an LED-illuminated coin return button. When you press the button, it will turn on for about 7 seconds and turn off automatically. If you press the button again while the LED is on, it will turn off.
- It uses a 2032 coin battery which you can easily change when necessary. The keychain has screw-able ends to aid battery replacement. All you need is a small Phillips screwdriver.
- It makes a great gift item for older friends and loved ones.
The “insert coin” text on the inside of the button is paper set inside the casting. During routine battery change, ensure the paper continues to sit properly to prevent it from coming out of alignment and getting crooked or cutoff.