Are you looking to add a pop of color to your photoshoot but you’re not exactly sure how to do that? Well, Colored Smoke Cakes (also called smoke bombs) are a great way to turn a bland looking photoshoot around.
These colored smoke cakes produce deep, vivid colors for your photos. So whether it’s just product photography, or portraits or even film and advertising, color bombs are a great addition to your set.
Features of Colored Smoke Cakes
- The Colored Smoke cakes are small cylindrical blocks of heavily pigmented color bombs. They come in a set of 10.
- There are about ten different colors to choose from. You could order a set with 10 different colors or 10 pieces of the same color.
- They are made primarily from Sulfur and sawdust. Not only are they beautiful, they are environment friendly too.
- With this item, a little goes a long way; each colored smoke cake produces such deep and vivid color clouds that will take your photoshoot to the next level of class and creativity. In fact, for each use, you may have to break each block into smaller pieces.
- To get the colors going, simply break off the piece that you want to use, place it over a lighter or match and set it off. When it starts to burn, just place it on the floor or any non flammable surface and allow it to burn fully. It will burn for about sixty seconds before it fades out so make sure everything is set for filming or shooting before you set off the color bombs.
- The colored smoke cakes are very fragile and therefore have to be handled carefully; any rough treatment and they’ll break. Because of how fragile they are, they are very often damaged after prolonged transportation. This does not however affect their use in any way.
- When setting off the smoke cakes, keep them away from anything that’s extremely dry and likely to catch on fire.
- Always store them in a cool place. Keep them away from heat and direct exposure to sunlight as this can cause them to spontaneously go off.
For other items relating to photography and videography, check out these items.