This RED DEVIL Protein Skimmer is an important part of any aquarium filtration system that helps to keep the water clean and clear. They are especially important in reef aquariums where dissolved organic matter can be a major source of pollution.
It comes with an air pump that is used to provide the source of air bubbles. The Protein skimmer is relatively easy to set up and use.
It is used inside one of your sump compartments and comes with an advanced needle wheel low wattage pump.
There’s a venturi valve attached to the pump, which is used to inject air into the water flow, the water is then drawn through the needle wheel impeller, chopping the incoming bubbles into a fine mist by hacking through the water-air mixture.
This eventually creates foam at the top of the skimmer collection cup area.
- The benefit of the cone-shaped design is that in principle a conical body allows the foam to accumulate more steadily through a gently sloping transition. In turn, this will reduce the overall turbulence, resulting in more efficient skimming.
Devil SP1 pump
- Included with the RDC-850 is a Devil SP1 needle wheel impeller pump, specially designed for protein skimmer use. It includes a needle wheel impeller and venturi air intake that can be used in both saltwater and freshwater environments.
- Model: NANO-150.
- Placement form: √ type.
- Specification (diameter/height MM): 60/415.
- Water distribution pump: Red Devil SP1.
- Operating power: 7.8W.
- Maximum limit: 180L/H.
- Maximum recommended fish tank (L): 150.
- Recommended fish tank: 50 – 150L.
- Standard (MM): 150/90mm free wall bracket, 150/110mm with wall bracket.
- Fashion design: All MS DEVIL NANO series skimming.
- The oilers are all high-quality red and white hose connectors.
- 2 high-efficiency windmill pumps: Powered by DEVIL pump SP1.
- RED DEVIL Protein Skimmer × 1.
Amit Das –