Please Note: This cordless 18V Electric Impact Wrench does NOT come with a battery and charger. You will have to purchase those differently. Any 18V B-series lithium battery should work (E.g. BL1850, BL1840, etc). Works great with 18V Makita B-series batteries.
First of all, do not confuse an impact driver with an impact wrench. An impact driver does the job that a hammer, and stones before it, used to do (and still does, actually) in a way that seems effortless. So basically, impact drivers are used to efficiently tighten nuts and drive screws and nails home… pun definitely intended. On the other hand, an electric impact wrench undoes what has been done. Impact wrenches are used to loosen (or tighten) nuts and bolts.
Now, of course, it is possible to manipulate both tools and make one attempt to do the work of the other, but that is not always advisable. Besides, you might end up spending more time than you would have spent on something if you had just been a little less stubborn and gotten the right tool. For example, it is not impossible to use an impact driver to remove lug nuts from, say, the tires of your car. For that to happen, however, you have to ensure the lug nuts are tightened at exactly the right amount of torque – 80 to 100lb-ft. Also, the output torque of the impact driver has got to be above 100lb-ft. Looking for the impact wrench yet? ‘Cause you should!
18V Electric Impact Wrench: Interesting Features
- Power Source: Electricity (in case you missed it in the title).
- Square Drive: 1/2″
- Material: High hardness, wear resistant tungsten steel shaft.
- Usage: Suitable for home DIY or maintenance, professional woodworking, or for an emergency flat tire. Generally makes a great addition to your multipurpose tool box.
- Brushless Motor: Yes. And that means more run time, more power and more efficiency; lesser possibility to overheat; does not generate sparks; and a generally longer life for your tool.
- Cordless: Yes. Not connected to a mains supply or power unit. This tool can go wherever it is needed!
- LED Work Light: Yes. So you can see better in not well lit places while you work.
- Safety Lock: Yes.
- Wrist Strap: Yes. Thick wrist strap keeps tool from falling off your hand to the floor incase you lose balance or something.
- Dimension: 150mm by 200mm.
Important To Remember
- Not compatible with G-series batteries.
- Not compatible with 18v Ni-CD batteries such as 1822 (194465-7).
What You Get
- 1* 18V Electric Impact Wrench (NO BATTERY OR CHARGER INCLUDED).
18V Electric Impact Wrench: More Images
Black And Blue