A quick peek at the cultural background of the steel tongue drum takes us back to February 2007 in the United States, where it was born. Dennis Havlena, inspired by the physical properties of the ‘tambiro’ and the tone layout of the ‘hang’, created a steel tongue drum with a circular cross pattern layout from an empty 20 pound propane tank.
Since the invention of this percussion instrument, there has been a continuous advancement in the crafting of other commercial versions such as this one.
The spiritual and physical benefits of this instrument are numerous. Generally, steel tongue drums are used by sound healing practitioners, yoga teachers, music therapists and school teachers. It is mostly effective for children, elders and patients as confirmed by some of its users. To make a sound, you should hit the instrument with its custom drumstick or with both hands.
- Anti-rust design and corrosion resistant.
- Sized 12 inch with 13 Notes.
- Simple and easy to learn.
- Suitable for common music scores.
- Equipped with drumsticks and a delicate backpack.
- Ideal for picnics and camping.
- Widely applicable for different people and at several occasions.